Monday, February 4, 2013

Vintage Gift Book

Morning Everyone,

When I joined Live and Love Crafts DT on 1st January, Elin was threatening to set all the DT a challenge, there was lots of talk of Orange, and I was scared, I mean shaking in my boots scared. Orange is definitely not for me.  Sandy gave Elin the go-ahead with the proviso to go easy on us. I am delighted to say that Elin chose to challenge us all to make a Book Gift Box and thought it would be great to see all the different interpretations, so you will all be in for some gorgeous eye candy this week as the girls are busy behind the scenes making these fabulous Gift Books.

We have all followed a tutorial by Wenche which can be found HERE if you'd like to give it a go.  I changed the dimensions on mine but the principal is the same.  I have really enjoyed creating this book and will certainly be doing more and I couldn't wait to use the new gorgeous pion papers, they are my utmost favourite, totally Gorgeousssssssss.

Warning , this is picture heavy.  All links to the products used can be found at the end of the post, just click the thumbnails. 





I stitched the main panels by sewing machine and decided to use embroidary stitch by hand the oval panel so that it looked a little different.




 Here's the book when you open it.  




 I used one of the new gorgeous new charms in store, the little, well actually not so little hand mirror. Perfect for my project. Oh and do you see the new corners Sandy has just got in.  They are available in white and cream and just look at the new colour poppies, beautiful.

 Click on the collage below to see all the small details.

 


I hope you like my project as much as I did making it.  Thank you Elin for the challenge, I loved it.  Be sure to pop back tomorrow to see Tina's Gift Book.




6 comments:

  1. WOW Tracy this is absolutely gorgeous! Love, love, love it!
    Stunning!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, gorgeous, beautiful and wonderful gift book! I'm overwhelmed and breathless. It is a dream.
    Hugs Elfi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning, Tracy, as is everything you do! Love the new papers! Thank you for the inspiration! Hugs, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wauw... This is just stunning!!! I love all the pretty details. Beautiful work!!

    Hugs Jytte :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stunning every inch so many pretty parts to look at !! That's it going to have to make one now lol !! ;0)

    ReplyDelete