Monday, November 9, 2015

In the Bleak Mid Winter


Good evening everyone, sorry I'm a little late.  I wasn't well yesterday and this took me all day to come up with and then when I went to write the post my computer threw a wobbler so I thought I would get into work early this morning and finish the post, but oh no, for the first time in 20 years I arrive to find that the building lost power yesterday and although it was restored this morning the computers and programs all needed re-configuring, so this is my first opportunity.:(



The theme this week is "All I want for Christmas"or a christmas song and I have gone with"In the bleak mid winter" and used the gorgeous papers from Pion Design's Glistening Season.

For the left hand panel I used the Pion Design Palette VI and Angels Choir 6 x 6 PD6705 edged with gesso.

The main right hand panel was made using the gorgeous Coming Home 12x12 PD6606.  I wanted to leave the winter scene as visible as possible as the paper is just so beautiful.

The image below is from Images 12x12 sheet from the Glistening Season collection PD6611.


I added glass berries, two tone pink roses but added gesso to soften, carnation and rose buds and finished with hemp cord and a tag from the By the River 6x6 sheet PD6701 and a blue shabby seam binding bow.



To this arrangement I added a pommegranate apple in white and a gorgeous snowflake crystal charm.


The text "snowflakes are winter's butterflies" is cut from the Angels in a Row 6 x 6 PD6703.

The below image is from Images from the Past Silent Night II - PD1608.




See you next week.
Tracy x


3 comments: